Inversions are simply great, you feel rejuvenated after doing it just for a minute!
But what is actually happening within your body when you are upside down. Top 6 Benefits of Headstand/ Sirsasana
1. When you turn upside down, you are increasing the blood flow to your brain. This can help to improve mental function, and increase you sense of focus. Along with helping to reduce fear and worry, this posture will improve your ability to keep your mind sharp and clear.
2. A headstand simulates a “face lift” by letting your skin hang in the opposite direction. The inverted position of a headstand also flushes fresh nutrients and oxygen to the face, creating a glowing effect on the skin.
3. Headstand is known as a cooling posture, meaning that it helps you to draw your attention inwards. This posture is extremely helpful if you are having anxiety, stress, fear or otherwise worrisome thoughts. Combine headstand with long, slow breathing and you have a recipe for stress relief.
4. Headstands increase digestive fire and increase body heat. The intestines are cleansed by reversing the pull of gravity, while releasing congested blood in the colon.
5. Reversing the effects of gravity on your bodily fluids will help to flush out built up water in the legs, relieving the uncomfortable feeling of edema.
6. Headstand strengthens deep core muscles, develops arms & shoulders. It takes a lot of strength in these areas to keep your legs up & keep your balance throughout the pose.
Join me for a safe practice. Read here Personal Classes