Sitting is the new smoking! Is a great slogan to warn us! Sedentary lifestyle is extremely harmful to health and can invite host of lifestyle diseases. If you have sat for 2 hours at a stretch literally you have sat too much. Obesity, Heart Disease, Hyper tension, Thyroid, Diabetes and PCOS are primarily lifestyle diseases. And working out for an hour can’t reverse the effects of sitting too long.
So the only way to stay healthy is to move more sit less! You have to reduce your sitting time.
See the graphic above: (Source: Net)
Tips to reduce your sitting time:
- Bye a standing desk. Bye one or create your own.
- Every hour, try to walk around the office- even if it’s just down the hall and back.
- If you use public transportation to commute, stand instead of sitting.
- Take stairs instead of elevators.
- Park near the back of the parking lot.
- Remember to stand once an hour.
- Get minimum 30 minutes of physical activity a day.
- Walk over and talk to a co-worker instead of emailing them.
- Don’t demand everything right at your bed, get up and get it yourself:)
Move more sit less. One hour of exercise can’t reverse the effects of sitting too long.
Be fit be healthy!