After my post on FB, i’m inspired to write a blog and help you with basic measures you can take to cure thyroid. Yes, yoga helps, as there are poses that help our thyroid to function much better and with time you can completely say good bye to thyroid issues.
What is Thyroid: The thyroid gland is located at the base of your neck and is shaped a bit like a bow tie or a butterfly that bends around the bottom of the throat. It is a very important gland, producing thyroxine, a hormone that helps regulate your metabolism, your heart rate and in children, their growth and development. Imbalances in your thyroid can result in an under-functioning or overactive thyroid.
What you can do:
- Eat a balanced diet: Eat your carbs, proteins & fats. Your three main meals should have all three in right proportion.
- Limit the processed and pre-packaged food: So you might have to give up on your biscuits, burgers, pizza, ready made rotis.
- Eat local fresh fruits: Please add local fresh fruits to your diet, as they are a great source of vitamins.
- Reduce stress: Learn to let go. Over thinking & over analyzing the situations is doing no good. Anything that bothers you beyond a point, let it go. Learn to relax under all circumstances. Be positive.
- Practice Yoga: Few minutes of yoga practice to your regular treatment can help reduce stress and also make your everyday life smoother and happier.
Be safe. Practice safe.